VERBS- extensive and intensive
ASSAALAMUALAIKUM WARAHMATULLAHI WABARAKAATUH AHLAN WASAHLAN WA MARHABAN BIKUM.
- · Main verbs (action verbs)
- · verbs that can be imagined
- · have meanings
- · can be converted into passive voice
- · not involve complements
1. Linking verbs
2. Auxiliary verbs
3. Copular verbs
- · Link subjects to adjectives. Eg. The day is stuffy.
- · Link subjects to compliments. Eg. She looks stern.
WAYS TO DIFFERENTIATE
- · What type of verb is in that sentence?? Main or linking verb??
- · Can the sentence be converted into passive voice??
- · What kind of word or phrase is after the verb?? Object or complement??
- · Can you ask what if you kind of eliminate words after the verb???
- if you want the answers for the questions above, ask me,but I think it is better for you to figure out yourselves. They are in the notes given above already. :D
bgusnye bakal cikgu ni :)ReplyDelete